Expenses and Financial Aid
Several forms of financial aid are available in the form of University, College, and Department Scholarships. These can be based on need, academic performance, or several other factors.
- Tuition: (LDS Fall 2022: Full time – LDS $3152/Non LDS $6304; Part time per credit hour- LDS $331/Non LDS $662) https://finserve.byu.edu/students-parents/tuition-fees-deadlines
- Room and board -See https://enrollment.byu.edu/financial-aid/cost-of-attendance
- Textbooks: See https://enrollment.byu.edu/financial-aid/cost-of-attendance
- Vaccinations: Influenza, COVID and others as needed. Prices vary depending on insurance coverage
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Membership: $58 is the student rate per year.
- Student Dietetics Association Membership: $20 per year
- Medical Insurance (BYU health plan or private insurer). All students are required to participate in the student health insurance service unless they have a private plan that takes care of physician’s visits in addition to major medical/surgical coverage.
- Food Production Management Lab:
- ServSafe Certification: $36
- Miscellaneous expenses: Clipboard, pens, pencils, calculator
- Materials (up to $75 total) incurred for numerous projects.
- Dietetic Internship and/or Future Graduate Program application fees; (vary by program, approximately $50 per program)
- D& D Internship Matching fee: $55.
- Dietetics Inclusive Centralized Application System fee: $50 for first application and $25 for each additional application.