Expenses and Financial Aid
Several forms of financial aid are available in the form of University, College, and Department Scholarships. These can be based on need, academic performance, or several other factors.
- Tuition: (LDS Fall 2023: Full time – LDS $3248/Non LDS $6496; Part time per credit hour- LDS $341/Non LDS $682) https://finserve.byu.edu/students-parents/tuition-fees-deadlines
- Room and board -See https://enrollment.byu.edu/financial-aid/cost-of-attendance
- Textbooks: See https://enrollment.byu.edu/financial-aid/cost-of-attendance
- Vaccinations: Influenza, COVID and others as needed. Prices vary depending on insurance coverage.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Membership: $58 is the student rate per year.
- Student Dietetics Association Membership: $20 per year
- Medical Insurance (BYU health plan or private insurer). All students are required to participate in the student health insurance service unless they have a private plan that takes care of physician’s visits in addition to major medical/surgical coverage.
- Food Production Management Lab:
- ServSafe Certification: $36
- Miscellaneous expenses and materials (approximately $200 total) incurred for numerous projects.
- Dietetic Internship and/or Graduate Program application fees; (vary by program, approximately $50 per program)
- D&D Digital Matching fee: $65.
- Dietetics Inclusive Centralized Application System fee: $50 for first application and $25 for each additional application.
- Computer/laptop: Prices vary depending on where purchased. Check BYU Store for some options.
- Hardware: A laptop with at least 4 GB RAM that can run Microsoft Office with webcam, speaker, and microphone. Rentals are available on a first-come, first-serve basis through BYU IT Surplus.
- Software: Microsoft Office 365 is required for assignments. Students may access Microsoft Office for FREE.
- Internet: WiFi networks (“eduroam” and “BYU secure”) are available for students
- Storage: The University provides access to OneDrive (with Microsoft Office) and Box. Both provide storage and privacy using BYU credentials to access.