Florida Dept. of Health WIC Program, Nutrition Educators & Public Health Nutritionists/Florida
Posted: Sept. 2, 2020
The Florida Department of Health WIC Program Services currently has job openings for nutrition educators and public health nutritionists. Please note the current requirements for Florida WIC public health nutrition professionals:
- Health Educators L2 (Nutrition educator) positions require a bachelor’s degree in nutrition or dietetics. Nutrition educators are required to have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in nutrition but are not required to be licensed. Dietetic Interns are eligible for the nutrition educator position until they pass the RD exam.
- Public Health Nutritionists are required to be licensed as a dietitian/nutritionist in the State of Florida. In order to become licensed, the applicant must have already attained a minimum of a bachelor's degree in nutrition, completed a 900-hour preplanned supervised experience (like a dietetic internship), and passed the RD exam. Registered dietitians are able to apply for licensure by endorsement.
For the most up-to-date information regarding which local WIC agencies are currently taking applications, job applicants should check the State of Florida job locator website: https://jobs.myflorida.com. Applicants can search by keyword, by location, or by postal code for a job openings. Applicants must apply online by creating an account on the website. Please note: job openings are generally for applicants who are seeking full-time, career service (not temporary) positions.
Nutrition educators may be eligible for the Florida WIC dietetic internship after at least one year of continuous employment in the Florida WIC program. The intern is required to work an additional 18 months for the Florida WIC Program following the internship. For more information about the Florida dietetic internship, see http://pasco.floridahealth.gov.
For more information about Florida licensure, see the Florida Dietetics and Nutrition Practice Council web site at: http://www.floridahealth.gov/%5C/licensing-and-regulation/dietetic-nutrition/index.html
Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Nutrition & Dietetics, University of Idaho/Moscow, ID
Posted: Aug. 31, 2020
Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of Idaho. We will be offering a Master of Science in Dietetics beginning fall 2021 and are searching for a colleague to teach future nutrition and dietetics professionals enrolled in the future education model graduate program. First consideration will be given to those who apply by Thursday, October 1. Following is a link to apply:
Utah State Extension, Box Elder County Home & Community Extension Assistant/Associate Professor/Brigham City, UT
Posted: Aug. 31, 2020
Utah State University Extension invites applications for a faculty position in the Home and Community Department. This is a 12-month, fiscal-year appointment. Extension faculty develop, provide, evaluate, and coordinate research-based educational programs for youth and adults. Extension faculty also recruit, train and supervise volunteer leaders and serve as a liaison between local clientele, other resource agencies, and Utah State University administrators, faculty, and programs. Extension faculty have Box Elder County, departmental, and University responsibilities. An office will be provided at the Box Elder County Extension building in Brigham City, Utah.
We welcome candidates with knowledge in one or more family and consumer sciences subject matter areas appropriate to the county assignment, including, but not limited to: positive psychology and solution-focused mental health, suicide prevention, food preservation and safety, diabetes education, nutrition, gerontology or human development, family finance and/or housing education and entrepreneurship. The estimated start date for this position is January 1, 2021.
Rank will be commensurate with experience, qualifications and current rank. Appointment opportunities include Extension Assistant or Associate Professor (tenure track). A Master's degree is required for either rank.
- Provide leadership to Extension activities
- Develop, implement and evaluate programs for adults and youth
- Develop partnerships and employ innovative approaches to reach clientele and new audiences
- Pursue internal and external funding to support Extension programming
- Document impacts and produce scholarly publications based on Extension programming
- Manage budgets, personnel, and volunteers
- Serve diverse audiences and support the civil rights mandate of Utah State University Extension
- Serve and collaborate with other Extension county faculty and specialists, University personnel, community and government agencies, and stakeholders
- An earned Master's degree in a discipline such as: family and consumer sciences, public health, nutrition, food sciences, social work, mental health, psychology, finance, business, human development, family studies, health and wellness or related area.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct educational programs
- Experience in teaching adult and/or youth audiences
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to act as a liaison between federal, state, university and county clientele
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be willing to work with community leaders, partners, agencies, and USU county faculty and state specialists to meet various county needs in the program areas described in the position summary, including reaching diverse audiences.
Preferred Qualifications - Skills and Experience with:
- Program development, delivery, and/or evaluation related to area of expertise, as listed above or similar
- Conducting needs assessments to track persistent and emerging community issues and problems
- Using various technology platforms for the creation and dissemination of educational webinars, on-line classes, and educational video productions
- Conducting applied research activities to inform Extension program planning, delivery, and evaluation
- Grant writing to secure external and internal program funding
- Recruiting, supervising, and working with staff and volunteers
- Working with diverse, low income and under-served audiences
- Marketing and community engagement via Social media
- Willing and able to collaborate with colleagues via partnerships and working groups to meet the diverse needs of communities
- Fostering positive relationships with related organizations, agencies and community stakeholders
- Public speaking and presenting at local, state, and national conferences and events
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish
- Willingness and ability to reach various cultural diversity needs within the county.
- Prior experience with the Land Grant University System
Along with the online application, please attach:
1) Resume to be uploaded in the Candidate Profile
2) In your cover letter, please highlight how you have or how you could meet these job expectations and qualifications. Upload under Other Documents 1-10
3) College/University transcripts upload under Other Documents 1-10
4) Contact information for 3 Professional References
**Document size may not exceed 10 MB.**
Commensurate with experience and excellent benefits
Dietetic Opportunities for Students- Heali AI
Posted: Aug. 28, 2020
We are currently looking for dietetic student volunteers or consultants to join our team. We are accepting both undergraduate, graduate-level and PhD students at this time. You can find the job descriptions available here:
Temporary RDN Position, Southern Nevada VA/North Las Vegas, NV
Posted: Aug. 24, 2020
VA Outpatient RDN Opening (Temporary, Full Time, Oct-March 2021)
- Temp RDN position available ~October 2020-March 2021 (exact dates TBD, not to exceed 6 months)
- Outpatient at a local Las Vegas VA Outpatient/Primary Care Clinic
- Candidates required to have at least 1 year post-registration experience
- Interested candidates should email resume to John.Littlejohn@va.gov no later than 8/28/2020
PRN at Utah Valley Hospital/Provo, UT
Posted: Aug. 13, 2020
PRN position at Utah Valley Hospital. This position will be working primarily in Utah Valley Hospital, rotating weekends, holidays, and providing staff relief for vacations. We are also looking at some work with outpatient classes. Please contact Peggy McClellan, Clinical Nutrition Manger at 801-357-7714. Job will be posted through Aug. 19, 2020.