PRN Dietitian, McKay-Dee Hospital/Ogden, UT
Available PRN Dietitian position at McKay-Dee Hospital. Use the following link to apply: https://intermountainhealthcare.org/careers/
Facilitates the nutrition care process in order to provide the patient with optimal medical nutrition therapy.
Essential Job Duties
- Completes and documents nutrition assessment.
- Completes and documents nutrition diagnosis.
- Identifies and implements appropriate nutrition interventions including quality nutrition education based on customer needs, expectations, and culture.
- Monitors and evaluates individual nutrition outcomes related to nutrition diagnosis, goals, and interventions.
- Communicates nutrition expertise with all appropriate healthcare providers.
- Uses resources effectively and efficiently in practice.
- Precepts students.
- Participates in department continuous improvement projects.
- Collaborates with other dietitians as needed.
Note: If employee is hired without being a Registered Dietitian, they must successfully pass the RD exam within fours months of hire to remain in the job. If employee is hired without being a Certified Dietitian, they must become certified within six months of hire to remain in the job.
- Entry Rate: $23.40 + depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: Variable (0-40 hrs/wk) Will be scheduled to help cover necessary shifts in the department due to vacancies, vacations, sick calls, etc. Position works rotating holidays and weekends. Must be able to work every other weekend.
- Department: Clinical Nutrition
- Additional Details: PRN position located at McKay-Dee Hospital in Ogden, UT
- Bachelors in dietetics, nutrition, or nutrition related field. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Successful completion of an approved Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) program.
- Registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration or registration eligible (see note above)
- Certified Dietitian in state of practice or willing to obtain within six months of hire (see note above)
- Food handler's permit (as required by facility)
- Demonstrated self starter, detail oriented, and effective organizational skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency
Diet Technician- VA Hospital/Alaska
Two diet technician posisitions available in Alaska. Ideal for any graduating or recently graduated students who want to add experience to their resume. Please use the following link below. Accepting applications until Nov. 26, 2019.
Part-time RD/Rocky Mtn. University of Health Professions/Provo, UT
We are looking for a very part time (1 day per month to begin with, potentially more later as the clinic grows) RD to work with our pediatric patients the Pediatric Feeding Clinic at the Center for Communication Disorders. The clients that are seen in the pediatric feeding clinic are generally between 15 months and 7 years old and vary in diagnoses; some have genetic syndromes and require g-tubes for supplemental nutrition and/or hydration, some have behavioral feeding disorders and have a limited number of accepted foods. The Master of Science in Speech Language Pathology graduate students work in the clinic with licensed SLPs to provide feeding therapy, and we are looking for a Registered Dietician to consult with families and the SLP students and supervisors. We'd like the dietician to function as part of a larger team of professionals in providing services to clients in order to provide a more comprehensive treatment and intervention. With that in mind, we would need the RD to conduct nutritional analyses for the clients, provide recommendations for dietary intake and needs, write reports that document clinical recommendations, and participate in "team meetings". Occasionally we may ask the RD to conduct seminars for the students on topics that will enhance their clinical skill development.
If interested contact Elbea Stonier firstname.lastname@example.org
IP/OP Dietitian/Las Vegas, NV
We have an opening for an IP/OP Dietitian who will be focused on preventative health in our MOVE! Weight Management and Healthy Teaching Kitchen programs.
This position is based at our medical center and primary care clinics in the valley and is ideal for someone who enjoys both leading group classes and counseling individual veterans. We have two tours available, both of which include occasional evenings and weekends.The Southern Nevada VA is located in North Las Vegas, a family friendly suburban area, that has access to all the amenities of the city within 20-30 minutes. The area has moderate weather almost year-round, no state income tax and an affordable cost of living. We are looking for someone with a passion for preventative and whole health programming.This an open position for which we are currently collecting resumes.
Please email Charlene Degen with the following information:
- Contact information of two professional references, and
- A cover letter with a formal request to be considered
By close of business Friday, 1 November 2019.
Charlene Degen, MSc, RDN
MOVE! Program Coordinator
Healthy Teaching Kitchen Coordinator
VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System
Office: 702.791.9000 x13324
Nutritious Lifestyles/Various Locations
We at Nutritious Lifestyles are excited to announce that we are growing rapidly. With this new business we are in need of qualified DTR’s. Along with these new job opportunities, NLS also offers a complementary LDN program to all NDTRs with 4 year degrees in nutrition based fields The LD internship is valued at $25,000, however it is free to students employed with Nutritious Lifestyles after 6 months of employment. We also offer many benefits including 401k, PTO (paid time off) and individual developmental plans. We at Nutritious Lifestyles have had many success stories with our LDN program and look forward to helping you advance your professional career by becoming an LD. Nutritious Lifestyles is currently looking for driven and knowledgeable DTR’s. Winter is coming, and with it we are offering a $1000.00 relocation bonus to DTRs willing to relocate to various of our opening position location.
Our current positions are listed below:
- Full Time DTR Sarasota, FL
- Full Time DTR Jacksonville, FL
- Full Time DTR Charlotte, NC
- Full Time DTR Northeast, Ohio
If you are interested in these position please click on link and apply now:
Dietetic Technician, Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration/Las Vegas, NV.
The VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System is growing rapidly and has an opening for a new diet tech that will be focused primarily in the MOVE! Weight Management / Healthy Teaching Kitchen program. This would be ideal for either a registered diet tech or for a student with a nutrition and dietetics degree who wasn’t matched to an internship and would like to work in the field. The Southern Nevada VA is located in family friendly suburban areas, with access to city amenities and has moderate weather for most of the year. https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547601600