Program Mission and Goals
The mission of the Brigham Young University Dietetic Internship is to develop informed and productive citizens of the family, faith, community, and nation who are prepared to make meaningful contributions to the dietetics profession.
Goal #1 – Program graduates will successfully complete the Registration Examination for Dietitian Nutritionist and excel in entry-level dietetics positions.
Goal #2 – Program graduates will pursue continuing education and personal and professional growth.
Goal #3 – Program graduates will develop ethical and moral values in personal and professional life.
Objectives (Goals objective measures)
ACEND Defined Objective
- At least 80% of interns complete program requirement within 3 years (150% of planned program length). (1, 2, 3)
- Of graduates who seek employment, at least 70 percent are employed in nutrition and dietetics or related fields within 12 months of graduation. (1)
- At least 90 percent of program graduates take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program completion. (1)
- The program’s one-year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration exam within one year of first attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists is at least 80%. (1)
- The Employer Survey will show a mean score of “3 – above average” for statement “employee showed competency for entry-level dietetics.” (4 point scale). (1)
- The one year Post Graduate Survey will show a mean score of “3 – Good,” for statement “Rate your BYU Internship as preparation to practice as an entry-level dietitian.” (4 point scale) (1)
- Three years post program completion, 25% of employed graduates will have received a job promotion or moved to more responsible/improved job situation. (2)
- Three years post program completion, 80% of graduates employed in nutrition and dietetics will be members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or other nutrition and dietetics related professional organization. (2)
- Three years post program completion, 80% of graduates will be involved in volunteer activity of some type. (2)
- The one year Post Graduate Survey will show a mean score of “3 – Above average,” for statements “I was adequately prepared for life-long learning, family/community roles, and applying moral values.” (3)
- The Employer Survey will show a mean score of “3 – Above average”; for statement “Practice in compliance . . . code of ethics.” (3)
Program outcome data is available upon request from the Dietetic Internship Program Director, Pauline Williams 801-422-4876 or firstname.lastname@example.org