Summer work opportunities are available with many food companies throughout the world. The department has developed summer internships with several food companies.
Off-campus mentoring is available in the form of food industry internships, usually during spring and summer terms. The Department has established an ongoing relationship with various food industries to provide internship experiences. Alternately, many students find summer internships with food companies closer to their homes.
All Food Science students are strongly encouraged to seek food industry internships; students majoring in Food Industry Management are required to participate in such internships. Such internships give practical skills, rounding out the educational experience, and helps students build their resumes and network with potential future employers.
Contact Dr. Steele for more information about internships:
Below is a sampling of places where our students have done internships:
- Benson Institute (International. . . especially South America)
- Kellogg's (Battle Creek, Michigan)
- Kroger Company (Winchester, Kentucky)
- LDS Welfare Services (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Leprino Foods (throughout US)
- Meadow Gold Dairy (Orem, Utah)
- Otis Spunkmeyer (California)
- Proctor & Gamble (Ohio)
- Schwan's (Marshall, Minnesota)
- Stouffer's Frozen Foods (Springville , Utah)
- Tyson Foods (Omaha, Nebraska)
- Utah Water Conservancy District (Orem, Utah)