The mission of the Brigham Young University Dietetic Internship is to develop informed and productive citizens of the family, community, and nation who are prepared to make meaningful contributions to the dietetics profession.
The Dietetic Internship will prepare graduates to successfully complete the Registration Examination for Dietitians and excel in entry-level dietetics positions.
- At least 80% of interns complete program/degree requirements within 36 months (150% of program length)
- The program's one-year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration exam within one year of first attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists is at least 80%
- 90% of graduates take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program completion.
- Seven year average of the Employer Survey will show a mean score of "3 - above average" for the statement "Employee showed competency for entry-level dietetics."
- Of graduates who seek employment 70% or more will be employed in nutrition and dietetics or related field within 12-months.
The Dietetic Internship will engender the desire and skills for continuing education and personal growth.
- Three years post program completion, 25% of graduates, if employed, will have a dietetics specialty certification or other credential.
- Three years post program completion, 25% of employed graduates will have received a job promotion or moved to a more responsible/improved job situation.
- Three years post program completion, 80% of graduates employed in nutrition and dietetics will be members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or other nutrition and dietetics related professional organization.
- Three years post program completion, 80% of graduates will be involved in volunteer activity of some type.
The Dietetic Internship will support the development of ethical and moral values in personal and professional life.
- Seven year average of the on-year Post Graduate Survey will show a mean score of "3 - above average," for the statement "I was adequately prepared for life-long learning, family /community roles, and applying moral values."
- Seven year avareage of the Employer Survey will show a mean score of "3-above averege" for the statement "Practice in compliance with current federal regulations and state statues and rules, and in accordance with the Scope of Nutrition and Dietetics Practice, and Code of Ethics."
Program outcome data is available upon request from the Dietetic Internship Program Director, Pauline Williams 801-422-4876 or email@example.com