Nutrition Education, Training, Curriculum Development & Communication for BCC (180 working days)
Date Posted: 3/22/2019
Project: Technical assistance to the ‘Afikepo’ nutrition programme in Malawi
Position: Nutrition Education, Training, Curriculum Development and Communication for BCC (180 working days)
Funding Agency: EU
The purpose of the project is to provide professional and technical services to support the Government of Malawi to implement interventions of Afikepo nutrition program .Afikepo’s aim is to enhance nutrition security of targeted groups in 10 selected districts through in Malawi by improving nutritional status of targeted groups through:
1. increased and diversified dietary intake of safe and nutritious foods;
2. increased use of enhanced nutrition knowledge and awareness and hygiene practices;
3. strengthened multi-sectoral governance of nutrition at all levels.
The project will start in July and run for 46 months. We are looking for a Nutrition Education and Communication Expert (180 working days in 46 months). The proposed Nutrition Education Expert will specifically be in charge of education and social behavioural change and communication (SBCC) related activities, which include support in development and review of nutrition, education and communication strategy (NECS) and plan on nutrition and regular bulletins, a research agenda, harmonisation and quality improvement of existing available training and advocacy materials supporting all the three components of Afikepo and assistance to resource mapping. He/she will be responsible for supporting nutrition curricula reviews, development, piloting, training and implementation.
He/she should have the following profile:
Qualifications and skills
- At least a Masters' degree in any or the following: nutrition education, food and nutrition security or agriculture and nutrition, public health nutrition or community nutrition, or food, nutrition and livelihood security;
- At least one year of work experience in the food and nutrition projects in multicultural environments;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English;
- At least one year of work experience in the food and nutrition projects in areas of development and operational research and analytical services.
General professional experience
- At least 5 years proven experience working in curricula development and reviews and/or education and communications on donor-funded programmes/projects in developing countries;
- At least one year of work experience in food and nutrition projects in Africa and preferably in Southern African countries will be seen as an advantage;
- At least one year of work experience in food and nutrition projects in Malawi will be considered an asset;
- At least one year of work experience with working with bilateral and/or multilateral development partners.
Specific professional experience
- 5 years proven experience with work related to curricula assessment, development or education and social behavioural change communication materials, review and/or implementation of food and nutrition interventions in developing countries;
- At least one year of work experience in food and nutrition projects in developing and implementing inter-sectoral nutrition education and communication strategy and programmes on nutrition;
- Experience in facilitating the development and implementation of education, communication or behavioural and advocacy strategies for nutrition;
- At least one year of work experience on the development, harmonisation and dissemination of nutrition advocacy materials based on results from operational research, monitoring and best practices (linking research to extension);
- At least one year of work experience with EDF rules and procedures will be seen as an advantage.
In case you wish to apply for this position, please contact me without delay and include your CV for easier discussion. In case you are not interested yourself, I’d be pleased if you can share my request with your professional network.
Ms Alvean Fentener
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Tel.: +49 (40) 60306- 123
Fax.: +49 (40) 60306- 129
Dept. of Health, Public Health Nutritionist
Date Posted: 3/19/2019
Department of Health has a recruitment open for the following position: Public Health Nutritionist, $18.71- $28.12. This is a part-time, career service position with benefits.Requisition #19035. Closes: 03/26/2019 at 11:59 pm MST
In order to be considered for an interview for these positions, you will need to apply on-line at https://statejobs.utah.gov. If you have not done so already, you will need to create a job seeker account.
Date Posted: 3/18/2019
Compass Group USA was recently named as one of Forbes Best Employers for New Graduates 2018! Morrison Healthcare, Morrison Community Living, LifeStyles and TouchPoint Support Services, divisions of Compass Group, are national companies dedicated to acute care and senior living food and nutritional services. We now operate in more than 1,100 accounts; employ over 2,200 Registered Dietitians; and we are the largest contract food service organization in North America.
We are continuing to grow across the United States and are looking for eager, enthusiastic, motivated professionals and new graduates to join our team! All available positions can be found online at www.compassgroupcareers.com. You will be able to discover the latest dietitian and food service management opportunities as well as apply online.
Inpatient Dietitians/St. Luke's Hospital
Twin Falls and Boise, Idaho
Date Posted: 2/19/2019
St. Luke’s, has done some restructuring and we are currently hiring a new manager for the Twin Falls region and the Boise region. After these positions are hired there will be multiple inpatient openings. If you are interested feel free to have them contact Liz LeFevre 208-706-4170, or apply at https://www.stlukesonline.org/about-st-lukes/careers.
Research Faculty - Human Nutrition/University of Idaho
Date Posted: 2/19/2019
The University of Idaho has a position open for an Assistant Professor in Human Nutrition, with primarily research responsibilities. This would be a great position for a recent graduate.